As per Ayurveda, Pediatric health is considered under the broad concept of “Kaumarabhrthya”, which has been given the foremost position among the branches of Ayurveda. Ayurvedic pediatrics is a well practiced stream for newborns, infants and children. Both preventive and curative medicine is practiced here.
Kaumarabhrthya Department deals with the healthy upbringing of
- Antenatal and post-natal care
- Purification of mother’s milk,
- Also cures for diseases of infants caused by intake of vitiated breast milk,
- Critical period of early childhood development,
- Socio-emotional domains etc.
As health and immunity is built at this phase special therapies are offered to build a healthy future. Early detection and treatment is crucial for many congenital disorders.